This article was written by state missionary Rob Jackson.
The shock and horror of this barbaric attack on Israel by Hamas has stunned our world and our churches. Beheading babies, mutilating senior adults, sexually abusing girls, and taking hostages are only a few of the atrocities Hamas boast about in this unprecedented attack. Your church members and those around you are looking for answers. These are eleven suggestions to lead your church to pray for Israel during this time.
1.Pray for peace in Israel (Psalm 122:6).
2. Pray that all fear will be removed (Isaiah 43:1-2).
3. Pray for comfort for those who are brokenhearted (Psalm 34:18).
4. Pray for wisdom for the Israeli leaders and world leaders. Also, pray that God will grant our local churches wisdom to know how to best pray and respond to this war (James 1:5).
5. Pray for a permanent solution to the crises in the Gaza strip (2 Chronicles 20:12b).
6. Pray for Christians in Gaza and in Israel to be a light in a darkened world (Matthew 5:14-16).
7. Pray for Protection of our Christian brothers and sisters in harm’s way (Psalm 16:1).
8. Pray that God draws Hamas and all Palestinians to repentance and belief in His Son (John 12:32).
9. Pray for all Israel to have their eyes opened to faith in Jesus the Messiah (Romans 11:25-26).
10. Pray this war ends quickly with minimal loss of lives (Psalm 46:9-11).
11. Pray with all the Saints for Christ’s second coming. There will be no lasting peace until the Prince of Peace returns. Even so, come Lord Jesus (Revelation 22:1-5).